The MDA is a facility where a client can make contributions, and the client’s portfolio assets are managed on an individual basis by an MDA provider, at the MDA provider’s discretion (subject to any limitation agreed with the client). Xplore Wealth, as the MDA provider, can appoint third party Investment Managers to research, manage and execute Investment Options on behalf of the client.
As the MDA provider, Xplore Wealth gives the Investment Manager the authority to manage a client’s investments in accordance with pre-determined investment objectives and agreed Investment guidelines (referred to as Investment Options) without obtaining instructions for each transaction.
MDA Quick Facts
The account is managed by professionals:
- Investment Managers develop and manage a client’s portfolio,
- a Custodian holds the investments and cash on your behalf,
- Xplore Wealth operates as the administrator undertaking transactions, handles all reporting provides online resources.
- clients beneficially own the investments allowing for full flow through of all dividends and franking credits,
- the Investment Manager develops a Portfolio which reflects the investment objectives and approach of the Investment Option,
- institutional grade rebalancing,
- the structure supports a high degree of customisation,
- greater tax efficiencies in a fee-based product,
- advisers may obtain significant efficiencies by managing clients more effectively and reducing paperwork allowing them to focus on building deeper client relationships.